Temporary Closure | COVID-19
This is a message I didn’t think I would ever have to send, however...
It is with great sadness that it is now time for us to temporarily close our doors to ensure we play our part in the battle to beat the Coronavirus.
We will be doing our best to maintain the courses with a limited team but as of Tuesday 24th March, all facilities will be closed until further notice.
The unprecedented impact of Coronavirus on businesses globally is an enormous challenge and it is now that we ask all members to stand with us and your golf club.
We will continue to keep you updated with any information and please feel free to contact us via email email@example.com
On behalf of all my family, we wish you all the best, safety and health.
We will beat this together!
West Malling Golf Club
Update - Monday 23rd March
Please note the club lounge is now closed and we will only be serving takeaway tea/coffee & beers. Limited food will also be available.
In a further attempt to stop the spread of Coronavirus, we will no longer be accepting cash payments at the club. Please make sure you have a payment card with you and where possible contactless would be preferred.
Buggies are now available to hire however we request these are only hired for single rider use only. After each use buggies will be sanitised before re-hire.
We will be continuing with the 'Keep The Pin In' approach during all play and have removed rakes from the bunkers. We ask that you use your club or foot to smooth over the sand once you have played your shot. Please observe and action these important measure.
Update - Wednesday 18th March
With the recent update from our Prime Minister on Monday afternoon, we will be putting in place further measures to help improve everyone’s safety and well-being but enabling us to operate the club as efficiently as possible.
- To reduce touch points and cross contamination we are from today implementing a 'Keep The Pin In' approach during all play. Please observe and action this important measure.
- We would ask that everyone refrains from person to person contact and a verbal greeting encouraged.
- Sanitising units are located in the clubhouse and lounge area.
- Frequent sanitising of all items you might have contact with in the clubhouse including tables, chairs, door handles, taps and bathroom surfaces.
- Where possible all internal doors will be left open to eliminate the use of door handles. This will mean for the time being the men’s changing room will remain unlocked.
- To ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we will no longer be providing large condiment bottles on tables – if you’d like an individual serving please ask.
- Cutlery for any food ordered in the lounge will come out with your food and will no longer be situated in the bar.
- No members of staff and their families have shown any sign or symptoms of the virus as yet and have been instructed to wash their hands at least every 20 minutes.
- The use of both downstairs and upstairs lounges are to be used to ensure a safe distance when socialising in the clubhouse.
- We will be monitoring closely all of our team members to ensure they are fit and healthy.
Remember, you can book your tee times online if you are in anyway concerned about entering the clubhouse.
As always, we look forward to welcoming you to the club. However should the service feel a little different from usual or our team take a moment or two longer, it is with your safety and well-being in mind.
If there’s anything else we can do to make your visit more comfortable, please do let us know.
All the best,
West Malling Golf Club